Being a role model is an awesome responsibility. By making the choice to apply and work for Bethel Horizons, you are telling us and our community that you will be a responsible, respectful Christian leader and mentor to all those whom you meet. Together we are making a difference one camper at a time.
2013 Open Summer Staff Positions
Senior Counselors - Male
- Tuesday, May 28 - Friday, August 16, 2013
Program Coordinators are required to start earlier
- Staff Development Training - Tuesday, May 28-Friday, June 7. Staff Development Training is a required time of learning, sharing, planning, certifying, and bonding. You will not be able to leave camp during this time.
- Program Coordinator Training - Saturday, May 25-Tuesday, May 28
- Staff & Board Picnic - Friday, June 7
- Bethel Lutheran Church Staff Introductions - Sunday, June 9
- Week Off - June 29-July 6
- Work week is approximately Sunday at 2pm until Friday at 2pm
Salary and Benefits
Food and housing is provided for the entire summer. Bethel Horizons will also pay for you to have fun, play outside, and teach kids about God! Lifelong experience and memories are free! Counselor positions start at $220 per week for 11 weeks (9 weeks of camp and 2 weeks of staff training).
Alcohol is not permitted on site and drinking by those of legal age even when “off duty” is discouraged. Underage drinking by our summer staff is not, and will not, be tolerated. Know that an invitation to serve from Bethel Horizons means that you are called to act properly at all times.
General Hiring Guidelines
- Completed Application - Applications should be neat, clean and typed or written in black ink. The earlier this is received, the better your chances for being considered for the position you desire. You can find a copy of our application online at www.bethelhorizons.org.
- Background Check - With your signed application and disclosure statement, Bethel Horizons must perform a background check on every applicant.
- Two Written References - We cannot issue an invitation to serve for any position until all references are submitted. It is customary to include a pre-addressed envelope so your reference can send the form directly to us.
- Personal Interview - A face to face interview helps us get to know one another better.
Bethel Horizons Summer Employment
Bethel Horizons has been creating memorable experiences since 1969 as a camp and year-round retreat center. Affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Bethel Horizons is located on 548 acres overlooking Governor Dodge State Park in southwestern Wisconsin, approximately 45 minutes west of Madison.
Campers may participate in the Tepee Program where they sleep under the stars and cook over an open fire, or in a variety of Environmental Education and Adventure camps that include canoeing, Low and High Ropes Challenge Courses, fishing, biking and pottery. All camps are five-day residential programs. Along with church sponsored youngsters, many children from Dane County Human Services and other community agencies participate in our summer programs.
Who may apply?
We are interested in people who enjoy working with children of all backgrounds. An ability to work together helping to connect kids with the four harmonies of God, Self, Others, and Nature.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Pastor Duane Hanson
Camp and Retreat Center
4651 County Road ZZ
Dodgeville, WI 53533
(608) 935.5885 • office
(608) 935.0216 • fax