Donate to Bethel Horizons
Here's a convenient way to support all our programs and help us reach even more individuals, with our mission.
Thank you for all your support with our programs.
28th Annual Bethel Horizons Bikeathon
Benefiting the environmental and adventure programs
A Care in Communities event of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Bethel Horizons Bike-A-Thon, June 1, 2013
Brochure and Registration Form
- Participants must check in at the bike trail parking lot in Verona between 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
- Participants may ride all or part of the distance from Verona to Dodgeville.
- Budget Bicycle will provide free minor repairs and bicycle checks at the Verona parking lot from 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult rider.
- Prizes are available to walkers/riders raising designated levels of pledges.
- See registration form for shuttle information.
- Use of the Military Ridge trail is free on Saturday, June 1.
- Section from Verona to Mt. Horeb is noticeably uphill for the last few miles.
- Section from Ridgeway to Dodgeville has more hills.
- Walkers usually choose the trail from Blue Mound State Park to Barneveld, approximately 3.9 miles.
- Free lodging may be arranged on a First come, First served basis for Saturday night in the Prairie Center, Barn Retreat Center, or Indian Rock Campground. Reservations are required. Contact Phil or Mary Lou Dzick at 608.241.4579 or email@example.com.
Provided Meals and Snacks
- Saturday snacks and drinks – Mt. Horeb shelter
- Saturday lunch – Barneveld Lutheran Church
- Free root beer – Dodgeville A&W
- Saturday dinner – Horizons*
- Sunday breakfast – Horizons* * Reservations required, see registration form
Reaching out to youngsters from low income families has been a part of the mission of Bethel Horizons summer program since its inception. Working in harmony with human service agencies, school counselors and community organizations has enabled the staff of Bethel Horizons to identify hundreds of children from low income families in Dane County who would like a week-long camp experience. Last summer, three hundred and sixty young people attended a week-long program of their choice at Bethel Horizons under a scholarship/campership. Our goal this summer is to provide 360 young people this same opportunity. This year's campership amount is $300.00, but any amount is most welcomed.
Many of you have clicked on this page because you have a close connection with Bethel Horizons or you worked with Don Hunt. Maybe you were a student of his! We would like to assure you that Don's dream has continued to inspire others and his legacy continues at Bethel Horizons Art Ventures! We honor his vision by pursuing expansion of our ceramics campus here in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin!
We are planning to break ground on a new lodge, dining hall, kitchen and gallery facility on the Adamah Clay Studios Campus. We are currently running a major capital campaign, and to date we have over $1 million, plus additional pledges from supporters. To begin the next phase of the building project, we need an additional $250,000. The end goal is $2 million. A number of campaign events are being planned for 2012 and will be posted on our website. An online Cup & Art Auction will highlight some of these opportunities to celebrate Don and clay. Donations can be sent to Bethel Horizons, c/o Adamah Clay Studios, 312 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, WI 53703 or by clicking the donate button below.
Thank you for your support and continued interest!