28th Annual Bethel Horizons Bikeathon
Benefiting the environmental and adventure programs
A Care in Communities event of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Bethel Horizons Bike-A-Thon, June 1, 2013
Brochure and Registration Form
- Participants must check in at the bike trail parking lot in Verona between 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
- Participants may ride all or part of the distance from Verona to Dodgeville.
- Budget Bicycle will provide free minor repairs and bicycle checks at the Verona parking lot from 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult rider.
- Prizes are available to walkers/riders raising designated levels of pledges.
- See registration form for shuttle information.
- Use of the Military Ridge trail is free on Saturday, June 1.
- Section from Verona to Mt. Horeb is noticeably uphill for the last few miles.
- Section from Ridgeway to Dodgeville has more hills.
- Walkers usually choose the trail from Blue Mound State Park to Barneveld, approximately 3.9 miles.
- Free lodging may be arranged on a First come, First served basis for Saturday night in the Prairie Center, Barn Retreat Center, or Indian Rock Campground. Reservations are required. Contact Phil or Mary Lou Dzick at 608.241.4579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday snacks and drinks – Mt. Horeb shelter
- Saturday lunch – Barneveld Lutheran Church
- Free root beer – Dodgeville A&W
- Saturday dinner – Horizons*
- Sunday breakfast – Horizons* * Reservations required, see registration form